The Arkansas Game & Fish Commission contracted FTN to conduct a multi-year, comprehensive evaluation of water quality, sedimentation, and hydraulics/hydrology of 6,700-acre Lake Conway.
Some of the components of the evaluation were:
- Assisted with obtaining matching funds to support the project and qualify for sport fishery federal funding;
- Compiled and analyzed historical data;
- Designed routine and storm event monitoring program and sediment assessment and monitoring program;
- Gauged inflowing streams, developed ratings, and procured and installed instrumentation for continuous flows;
- Utilized Doppler and manual inflow monitoring for rating curve development;
- Completed all sampling/flow monitoring and performed database management;
- Coordinated detailed lake bathymetry for sedimentation baseline and evaluation;
- Measured sediment depths, collected sediment cores and calculated sedimentation rates/lake life predictions using the depth and water quality data collected;
- Provided recommendations for sediment management approach;
- Calculated annual loads for water quality parameters and sediment (including nutrients);
- Performed detailed hydrologic/hydraulic modeling to update AGFC water levels management plan;
- Identified sources and developed watershed management preliminary recommendations.