FTN was contracted by an Arkansas waste company to conduct a geotechnical and hydrogeological investigation for a large expansion of its landfill.
The project included:
- Preparation of a work plan for site characterization;
- Analysis of aerial photography;
- Literature review;
- Excavation of test pits;
- Drilling and geotechnical sampling;
- Piezometer and observation well installation;
- Determination of potentiometric surface;
- Aquifer testing and analysis;
- Determination of ambient groundwater chemistry; and
- Classification and characterization of soils.
Upon completion of fieldwork and analysis of data, FTN compiled individual studies into a Summary Report. The report was submitted to the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality and approved with no deficiencies noted.