FTN has completed USDA NRCS ID/IQ contracts in Louisiana to provide Hydrologic Analysis and Modeling Services.
The work included:
- Hypothetical and historic flood analysis through watershed modeling (HEC-1, HEC-HMS);
- Flow and elevation frequency analysis;
- Profile analysis using both steady and unsteady flow methods (HEC-2, HEC-RAS, HEC-GeoRAS, UNET);
- Multi-dimensional modeling (SMS, RMA2, RMA11, HEC-RAS 5.0 Beta with 2D capabilities);
- Dambreak analyses for systems of multiple dams including breach analysis, inundation mapping, and risk assessment;
- Sediment analysis (HEC-6, HEC-6T, SED-2D);
- Hydraulic computer programming (code modifications to UNET and RMA-2; utility programs for pre- and post-processing of model output);
- Water data management using HEC-DSS, HEC‑DSSVue;
- GIS capabilities (ArcGIS 9.x); and
- Report preparation.
FTN created the largest RMA-2 model known to exist for the Barataria and Terrebonne Basins as a tool to be used in evaluating the effects of increasing flow from the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway to areas of degrading marsh adjacent to Grand Bayou.